MINNOWBOARD TURBOT : QUAD CORE INTEL EMBEDDED & IOT DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Open Source Hardware Embedded Platform
2GB Quad Core Intel Atom E3845 series SoC
Use this 4 core Minnowboard Turbot as the basis for your DPDK-in-a-box communications solution, as your IoT edge controller, in digital signage, thin clients, industrial automation endpoint or as a Kubernetes controller (video).
WHY CHOOSE THE MINNOWBOARD TURBOT?
The MinnowBoard Turbot delivers to a sweet spot in the embedded and IoT development paradigm with:
- a quad core 64-bit Intel® Atom™ E3845 Series System on a Chip (SoC)
- a low cost, small form factor
- high performance (dual and quad core versions)
- regulatory compliance* for immediate productization
- open source hardware files – build your own custom version
- fast POC and prototyping through versatile extensibility (LURES)
- adaptors for industry standard
- open source firmware that is accessible for HW bring up
- it’s Intel, so OS’s “just run” and your software will too
- Windows, Linux, Android, Wind River Linux, Yocto Project supported
IMPROVEMENTS OVER MINNOWBOARD TURBOT DUAL CORE
- Twice the core count. Higher clock speed.
- Over 2.5 times FASTER than the MinnowBoard Tubot dual core.
- Fansink keeps it cool! Suitable for higher temp applications.
- Intel Atom E3845 CPU (Bay Trail-I) quad core 1.91 GHz
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics with Open Source hardware-accelerated drivers for Linux OS
- Virtualization extensions (VT-x)
- AES instructions
- 2GB DDR3L 1067MT/s DRAM
- 8 MB SPI Flash (TianoCore UEFI/CoreBoot/SeaBIOS/etc.)
- High-speed expansion connector with additional mPCIe, SATA, USB
- USB client for communications:
- 1x USB 3.0 host port
- 1x USB 2.0 host port
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet port (RJ45)
- 1x SATA2 3Gb/sec port
- 1 x Serial debug header (FTDI cable available separately)
- Firmware flash port header
- 1x Micro SD slot
- 1x HDMI® port (microHDMI connector)
- LSE Low speed expansion port details (2×13 26-pin male 0.1″ pin header):
- I2S Audio
- 2x UARTs (TTL-level)
- 8x GPIO (2x supporting PWM)
- +5V, GND
- HSE High speed expansion port details (60-pin high-density connector):
- 1x PCIe Gen 2.0 Lane
- SATA-2, USB 2.0
- +5V, GND
Visit the MinnowBoard.org website for a wealth of software and hardware information related to the MinnowBoard.
Including information on adding your own operating system:
- Debian GNU/Linux
- Android Things (formerly Brillo)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Android 4.4
- Yocto Project Compatible
- 64-bit Intel firmware (Learn more)
- Coreboot and U-boot support available via the community
- plus much more. See the MinnowBoard.org website for additional information.
- ACPI 5.0 support
HARDWARE SPECS AND MATERIALS
- Open-source hardware under Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0
- The MinnowBoard Turbot is intended to comply with all requirements and guidelines set forth by the Open Source Hardware Association (http://www.oshwa.org/)
- Size: MinnowBoard Compatible 99 x 74 mm (2.9 x 3.9 inches)
- Certifications: FCC Class B, CE, IEC-60950, RoHS/WEEE
- Operating Temp in open air: TBD with the factory fansink.
- Storage: -20 to 85°C
- Battery: CR
- 5 VDC input via 2.5mm center pin positive power jack (5V, 4A DC Power Supply sold here)
- 5 VDC output via 2-pin header
- Some lures require a larger power supply. Check with the lure manufacturer for power requirements.
- See Minnowboard.org website for design files and technical specifications (https://minnowboard.org/)
- View or ask questions at the GitHub bugs and help (https://github.com/MinnowBoard-org/bugs-and-help/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue%20is)
- Get Started with your MinnowBoard Turbot (https://minnowboard.org/tutorials/getting-started)
- Intel Drivers here [You really want to look here…lots of great information.]
- MinnowBoard Turbot FCC Report
Expansion Boards / Daughter cards with additional functionality including:
- DESERT LURE – Prototype board using the Low Speed Expansion port
- FISH FOOD LURE – Breadboard breakout and ribbon cable for the Low Speed Expansion port
- GPS LURE – GPS positioning. Turn your MinnowBoard into a Stratum-1 NTP clock
- SILVERJAW LURE – mPCIe and SATA expansion board using the High Speed Expansion port
- SPI HOOK – SPI flash programmer and RS232 port
- MORAY LURE – XBee 802.15.4 wireless access
- Other Lures
Can be laser etched. See more pictures here.
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
- One year manufacturers warranty. Note: This is a 5V system. If you plug in a 12V PS you will blow up your board. Self-harm is not covered under the warranty.
- Contact Netgate for warranty support.
- All Specifications subject to change without notice.