Netgate RCC-VE 4860 System
mini-ITX Communications Board with
4 core Intel® Atom™ C2558 CPU, 8GB memory, 32GB flash, and 6 GbE Ethernet Ports
Includes Intel QuickAssist Integrated Accelerator
Linux CentOS 7
Secure networks start here.™
Designed to serve as your modern low-cost, low-power production platform of choice for mid-range edge and communication appliances. The RCC-VE 4860 works as the core for your intelligent CPE, VoIP PBX, Internet Gateway, firewall, VPN router or layered security appliance. This fanless Intel Atom (Rangeley) based advanced communication platform is designed with low power requirements for long life and solid reliability. When it is time for volume deployment, Netgate can supply RCC-VE as an OEM branded, customized solution to fit your specifications.
The quad core Intel C2558 processor with Intel QuickAssist integrated accelerator is capable of driving encryption speeds upto 10 Gb/sec. The RCC-VE 4860 sports six 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet ports, 8 GB of DDR3L memory, and 32 GB of onboard eMMC flash memory for program storage. You can expand this system with additional program and data storage through either the mSATA or SATA II ports. Additional communications options are possible with miniPCIe slots for WiFi or 3G/4G/LTE cellular cards.
Ships with CentOS 7 installed. Reload with your operating system of choice.
NETGATE RCC-VE 4860 BOARD SPECIFICATION
- 4 core Intel Atom C2558 CPU, 2.4 GHz
- Standard Mini-ITX 170x170mm form factor
- 8 GB DDR3L Non ECC Memory on board
- 32GB eMMC flash on board
- 6x RJ-45 1 GbE Intel Ethernet ports, 2x Intel i211, 4x Intel i350 (i354 on-die)
- Blue Anoidized Enclosure with 5 SMA/RP-SMA sized antenna cutouts
- 1 mini-SATA (mSATA) connector
- 1 SATA II connector
- 2x full length mPCIe slots, one with micro-SIM. Also supports half length cards.
- 2x USB 2.0 Host ports
- 1 Mini-USB Serial Console Port
- Reset Push button
- Power/Status/SATA Activity LEDs
- Front Panel Header
- Coreboot boot loader
- RTC coin cell backup battery
- 12 VDC Power Input Connector (Call for ATX availability and MOQ)
- AC/DC Auto-Ranging Switching Power Adapter
- Input Voltage: 90 ~ 264 VAC
- Output Voltage: 12 VDC
- Current Output (Max): 4.16A
- Power (Watts): 50W
- Fanless operation from 0°C to 40°C ambient temperature using included heatsink
- Enclosure size: 1.5″ tall x 6.8″ deep x 7″ wide
- FCC, CE Class B Compliance
- RoHS Compliant
FLEXIBILITY BUILT IN
The base price includes the Netgate RCC-VE 4860 system board preloaded with CentOS 7, with additional packages to support all available cores on this platform, including QuickAssist.
Enhance your system to suit your specific needs with:
- mSATA SSD
- Cellular modem
- Other miniPCIe and USB cards
Please contact Netgate Sales for custom options: Board, enclosure, software, power and system modifications are possible with MOQ.
- Not PoE Compatible
- Netgate Quick Start Guide and Installation Guides: https://www.netgate.com/docs
- These installation guides serve as templates for installing other operating systems and application software to be supplied or developed by you. Installation guides exist for:
- pfSense Community Edition
- This platform specific information may be useful if you are trying to load a different OS on this system:
- RCC-VE Platform User Manual R100: User manual for ADI’s RCC-VE Mini-ITX platform based on the Intel C2000 Product Family (PDF)
- RCC-VE Coreboot Software Release Notes for RCC-VE (PDF)
POWER SUPPLY INFORMATION
Power Supply: External ITE P/S AC/DC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, 12V 4.16A
AC Inlet: IEC320-C14 (3 PIN)
Power Cord: NEMA 5-15P to IEC320-C13
Ships with US style 3 prong power cord. Easily changed to non-US style by purchasing a IEC320-C13 (3 PIN) compatible power cord (visual example).
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT INFORMATION
* Note boards produced prior to 1 December 2015 have 4GB eMMC flash. Boards produced after 1 December 2015 have 32GB eMMC flash.
- One year manufacturers warranty.
- No software support included.
- Please contact Netgate for warranty information.
- All Specifications subject to change without notice.
- Note: This system is provided with a tested and tuned version of Linux CentOS 7. If you plan to build a firewall system with the latest pfSense release, please support the project by purchasing a supported pfSense system directly from the pfSense microsite here.