- Smallest and lowest power 10 & 40GbE optic module form factor
- Hot swappable to maximize uptime and simplify serviceability
- Optical interoperability with XFP, X2 and XENPAK pluggable form factors
- Flexibility of media and interface choice on a port-by-port basis
- Robust design for enhanced reliability
- Pre-qualified for compatibility with Pica8 open switches
Pica8’s Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP+) and Quad Small Form-factor Pluggable (QSFP+) Optics Modules offer customers a variety of high-density and low-power 10 & 40 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options over fiber media.
Pica8 offers three transceiver types, each optimized for a different media and reach (SR, LR and SR4).
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ Options
- 10GBASE-SR – Up to 300m link length with 2000 MHz*km MMF (OM3). Optical interoperability with 10GBASE-SRL
- 10GBASE-LR – Up to 10 km link length on standard single-mode fiber (SMF, G.652)
40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ Optic Options
40GBASE-SR4 – Up to 100m link length over parallel OM3 multi-mode fiber or 150m over OM4.
* To ensure that specifications are met over FDDI-grade OM1 and OM2 fibers, the transmitter should be coupled through a mode conditioning patch cord. No mode conditioning patch cord is required for applications over OM3.
• SFP+ HxWxD: 12.3 x 13.7 x 56.5mm
• QSFP+ HxWxD: 12.7 x 18.4 x 71.0mm
• Operating Temperature 0 to 70C
• Storage Temperature -40 to 85C
• Relative Humidity 5 to 95%
• Operating Altitude 0-10,000 ft
• The maximum power consumption for Pica8 SFP+ modules is less than 1 Watt.
• The maximum power consumption for Pica8 40GBASE-SR4 modules is less than 1.5 Watts.